We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
844 Route 35
Middletown, NJ 07748
Phone: (732) 671-3155
Fax: (732) 671-3177
Email: Send Message
Mon - Wed: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thurs - Fri: 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sat: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sun: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
• Project FeederWatch ends this month (click for more)
• Spring wildflowers in bloom
• Begin to monitor nest boxes after the middle of the month.
• South winds bring major waves of migrating birds such as thrushes and warblers.
• Osprey, Bald Eagles and hawks return.
• Green Herons arrive.
• Woodcocks continue their “sky dance” courtship flights.
• Hummingbirds arrive. Be sure to have their feeders ready.
• Purple Martins arrive by mid-month.
• Buttercups, Lady’s Slipper and Trilliums join the Virginia Bluebells.
• Start looking for Mayapples at the end of the month.
• Lyrids meteor shower, late-April.
• Earth Day, April 22.
For the Monmouth County, New Jersey region: